One of the most important things when moving is to pack of your belongings in a proper way. You can do it yourself or you can always trust the professional movers. If you choose to do some or all of your own packing, it is especially important that you be familiar with the packing techniques and moving boxes that will best protect your possessions as the good packing is essential for a stress-free move.
On the other hand trusting the professional moving companies for the safe packaging of your goods will save you time and nerves, and you will be sure for the well-being of your special belongings. As an experienced mover American Home Movers offers not only transportation and storage, but also professionally performed packing services at fair prices. Be sure that we are aware of each step of the relocation process and we know that everything should be well organized from the very beginning. Contact us and we are going to pack professionally all your goods – from everyday items to special belongings, meeting all your expectations and using only high – quality supplies and boxes. Also, we are offering various packing options in order to meet the different requirements of our clients.
Of course, you can always choose to pack yourself. In order to save some money, many people prefer packing on their own. In case you decide to do so, please take a look at the useful advices and tips listed below:
- The quality of the packing supplies is definitely the most important thing when packing. You should only use new boxes and materials in order to guarantee the safety and the good condition of your items.
- Perform the packing precisely as the carrier is going to inspect all the items before loading them.
- Pack with sturdy boxes, using old free boxes or bags is a mistake. In case you decide to use old boxes make sure that they are clean of insects.
- All the boxes should be closed and sealed in order to stack them easier and to protect your articles.
- Use boxes with tops or flaps.
- For your fragile items – glassware, crystalware, figurines, mirrors, etc., use boxes that have an additional protection.
- Don’t hesitate to use the specially designed boxes, such as dishpacks, mirror cartons, upright boxes, wardrobe boxes, etc. The added protection of these cartons may help you avoid damage resulting from poor quality packing material.
- Use packing tape instead of duct tape or masking tape.
- For all your electronics – TVs, computers, etc., use an anti-static bubble wrap as it does not cause static electricity and won’t damage your items.
- Number and label all your boxes with a permanent marker. Labels like “This Side Up” and “Fragile” are necessary. In this way you are indicating the movers that these boxes should be treated with an extra care.
- You should place the heavier items on the bottom of the box, and the lighter – on the top.
- Use the smallest boxes for the heaviest items.
- Start packing long before (6 to 8 weeks) the moving date.
- Always select a large enough working area for packing in order to place easily even the largest cartons. Your working surface should be strong and well-protected.
- Perform the packing room by room as it is more easier and try to make your own inventory list.
- First pack the items that you use rarely.
- If possible, consider the floor plan of your new home or office – in this way your items will be placed into the desired rooms.
- Separate the breakable items from your the non-breakable ones.
- Don’t pack your items in old newspapers as the ink can stain them. We recommend you to use packing paper or blank newspaper.
- When labeling list the general contents on the outside of each box.
SPECIAL TIPS AND EXCEPTIONS
- Always pack your valuable items in the presence of the carrier. This is necessary in order to make such items identifiable or just ask the mover to pack your special and valuable items. There is an extra fee, but you can be sure that these items will be properly protected.
- Some items such as chemicals, big-sized furnitures, or of a perishable nature are not accepted by the carriers. This is done for the safety of your belongings and of the people carrying them. For further information upon such items, please contact us.
HOW TO PACK YOUR SPECIAL ITEMS
There are items that need more attention, care and protection when packing and it is much bettter to trust the professional mover when it comes valuable belongings.
The uploading and the unloading of the oversized items requires special techniques and experienced movers. That is why for such goods it is better to trust the moving companies.
Antiques, fragile and special items
These items need a special care and attention. No matter what special items you are going to move, antique clocks and sculptures, large paintings or pool tables, entertainment equipment, pianos, cars, motorbikes, etc., we are here to help you and to provide special crating services and the expertise needed, in order to move all your valuable belongings unharmed. We offer the special crating and the protective packaging that are necessary.
Trust American Home Movers for the whole packing/unpacking service, as we can guarantee the maximum protection available for your items.